Rumpler Luftfahrtzeugbau GmbH was established by Dr. Edmund
Rumpler of Austria and R. Haessner at Berlin in 1909. The
company began by building improved Taube aircraft under license.
The company reorganized as Rumpler
Flugzeugwerke in 1915 building military aircraft up to the end
of the war. A post-war attempt at passenger aircraft did not
prevent Rumpler from failing in 1920.